Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Reflection 3/8/11

Some random thoughts here...

RSA Animate was fascinating.  I wonder how that would go over at a staff meeting?  Todd, have you ever tried?

I really enjoyed the "collaborative" learning experience today.  It reminds me that we need to keep engaging staff and students in meaningful ways.

I'm extremely excited about the new learning tools that I have taken away from this class.  On the other hand, I'm frustrated as well.  Technology is not embraced and supported within my school.  Honestly, it's not a district priority at this time either.  How can we be so far behind?

I hope I will have the opportunity to share some of the wealth and knowledge gained in this class with students, staff, and my administrative colleagues.

Great experience all around Todd!  Thanks a million!

3 comments:

  1. Glad the course has been helpful. Often, it does show people where their district lacks vision and commitment. Maybe YOU can lead the change the district needs? Often, you need to approach it in small chunks with key people. Then, it can gain strength and momentum...then who knows??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elise, I hope you and I can work together to get a bit more innovation and energy in the way the district approaches the use of technology with students. I know times are tough but this is a great way to engage students in a real way!

    So glad we had a chance to be part of this class together!

    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shared with our building leadership team the RSA with Sir David Robinson and they enjoyed it thoroughly and were going to share it with their PLC teams. In the smaller group atmosphere we had great conversation and were able to see how it blended with the initiatives that we are moving forward with. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete