Friday, February 11, 2011

Good Evening

Hi All,
Well, it's been a crazy week.  But here I am trying to wrap my head around technology.  Over the last week and a half I have been exploring the technology in my school.  This is only my second year at my current school, so I have a lot to learn.  I did some research and found that we do NOT have a technology plan for the school.  However, we do have a comprehensive technology plan for the district.  The plan consists of 27 pages of dense technical mumbo jumbo. Seriously???  I presented it to our technology committee at my school and they immediately ran the opposite direction!  It is overwhelming.  I plan to organize and simplify the information to I can relay the "jist" of the district plan to my colleagues.  Once that is completed, I would like to propose creating a technology plan for my school.  Does anyone have a technology plan for their school?  If so, would you be willing to share?  I'm most interested in your top priorities and the "appropriate" use of technology at the middle school level.

Changing subjects, I wonder what others are thinking about for their final project.  I am considering the following options:

1.  "Technology Plan" for my school.
2.  Staff/Student/Teacher Surveys (survey monkey)
3.  Incorporating "Technology News" section in our school newsletter/website/staff meeting
4.  Movie - I'm thinking something similar to what Russo did at Reynolds.

I would welcome any suggestions, feedback, templates, or other documents to share.
Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I will share Riverdale's technology plan with you this week. Your blog site is attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done a few survey monkeys with my staff. It is pretty easy and fairly self explanatory. I would be more than happy to walk you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the site for Riverdale's tech plan, you'll probably see a better one today in class.

    http://www.riverdale.k12.or.us/152710626181935800/site/default.asp

    ReplyDelete